Property Editor - Map Object
The Map Property Editor provides controls to set the properties of the map object. The properties are divided into groups, each group is represented by a separate tab sheet. Each explained below:
The General tab allows you to set the general properties of the map object.
- Map Name - The name of the map
- ShapePath - The default path to the file data sources. By setting this parameter you can omit specifying the full path in the Connection parameter of the Layer Property Editor. By clicking on the button to the right the path can be selected within a Windows folder selection dialogue box. This setting applies to all layer formats, not just .SHP files.
- Symbolset - Filename and path of the symbolset file.
- Fontset - Filename and path of the fontset file.
- Image Path - Specifies the path to the temporary directory for writing temporary files and images. Must be writable by the user the web server is running as.
The Map Extent tab allows the user to review or change the current view to the specified Zoom Width (Map Window Width), Map Scale or set the centre of the map to the specified coordinates.
- Zoom (Window width) - The zoom width representing the window width in map units
- Map Scale - Scale representing the current or desired map extent
- Centre of window - The centre coordinates of the map window
The Coordinate Space tab allows the user to define the MapFile coordinate system and map units
- Projection - The current projection of the MapFile. By pressing the button to the right the projection can be selected in a Projection Browser Dialogue
- Map Units - The current map units of the map coordinates. The possible values are MS_INCHES, MS_FEET, MS_MILES, MS_METERS, MS_KILOMETERS, MS_DD (decimal degrees), MS_PIXELS and MS_PERCENTAGES
The Image Details tab provides properties related to the Output Formats and scale bar and query properties.
- Map Background Colour - The current background colour of the map. The colour can be selected with the Colour Selector control
- Image Type - The current Output Format to be generated. MapManager doesn't support rendering all of the listed types directly in the Map Window. In these cases a warning message is displayed at the top of the map, however by using the Save Map Image operation you can create the image file according to the current image type specified here. The standard MapFile output format is PNG
- Resolution - Sets the pixels per inch for output, only affects scale computations. This should always remain 96 for use in IntraMaps.
- Transparent Image - The check-box provides the option to make the image transparent. This option is used when layering the MapFile over a BaseMap.
Scale bar Properties button allows the rendering an embedded Scale bar on the map image according to the settings in the Scalebar Property Editor
QueryMap Properties button allows you to specify how the selected features are displayed on the map according to the settings of the QueryMap Property Editor