The Main Menu provides access to the functions of the MapManager application according to the layout described below
- Pan - Changes the input mode of the Map Window. Allows to modify the centre by dragging the map
- Zoom In - Increases the display area of Map Window. Allows to modify the extent by selecting the display rectangle by the mouse
- Zoom Out - Decreases the display area of Map Window
- Zoom to Initial Extent - Restores the map extent to the initial state when the map was opened or the first layer was added to the newly created map
- Select Item - Changes the input mode of the Map Window. Allows you to select the feature by clicking onto the map
- Select By Rectangle - Changes the input mode of the Map Window. Allows you to query multiple features by selecting a rectangle using the mouse
- Select By Polygon - Changes the input mode of the Map Window. Allows you to query multiple features by selecting a polygon using the mouse
- Clear Selection - Clears the collection of the currently selected items
- Redraw Map - Triggers a map redraw
- Map Properties - Displays the Map Property Editor to modify the common properties of the map
- Options - Displays the Application Settings Dialogue allowing you to modify the common properties of the MapManager application
- Open MapFile in External Editor - Displays the MapFile in external text editor. The preferred text editor can be set in the Application Settings Dialogue
- Style Library - Opens the Style Library tool
- Tile Manager - Opens the Tile Manager tool
- Check Map File - Checks for the problems of the currently edited map file. Available only when the text window tab is active
- Help Contents - Displays the HTML help of the MapManager application.
- Help Index - Displays the Index tab of the HTML help of the MapManager application.
- Search - Displays the Keyword Search tab of the HTML help of the MapManager application.
- About MapManager - Displays the MapManager About Box to provide information of version and the supported raster and vector formats